Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sept 15, 2011

Dear Diary,

Today (five minutes ago actually) I was updating my resume, and I noticed a typo. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but this is the resume that I've sent to future job opportunities. I'm just hoping that they don't notice or some other kind of crazy-luck shit.

I had an interview with one of them last Thursday, but I haven't heard anything from them since then, so I'm freaking out. And I understand that it takes time to chose an employee, and I had to wait a month for the state house to get back to me, but I'm impatient!

Also, for no reason that I can think of, I've been really sad this week. After my editing class last Friday, I realized that I'm not as smart as I think am I (something I have to keep reminding myself) and I've been in a funk since then.

I have this fear that there's something mentally wrong with me, but if there is I don't wait to fix it. I mean, I don't want to take drugs because I have a hard enough time liking who I am as it is. If a drug starts to change me, how can i ever know that the person I like is me or the drug?

I'm going to try to submit some of my poetry to some magazines/papers. I just hope they accept them. I have this nagging feeling that I'm not doing anything with my life and that not only am I letting opportunity slip by, in some way I'm pushing it away. Know what I mean?

Love Always,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment