Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Florence

On Friday I saw Florence and the Machine in Mansfield. Getting there was actually really fun.

Mansfield is 60 miles from my apt (which I didn't know when I got the tix), and we had to drive through Boston 5 o'clock traffic.

But we discovered the joys of the HOV lane and we only almost got hit once. My friend GD was tots freakin' for a bit. haha

We got there just as the opening band was finishing their set. Enough time to see them leave. Then 20 minutes later Florence came on.

Barefooted and wild, Florence would just move with the music. I'm not sure if it was on rehearsed or natural, but you could feel her reacting to the music. Her arms would raise and fall almost too perfectly timed with the beat for it to be fake.

She actually sang quite a few songs from "Lungs" and her voice was clear. There was a bit of distortion but I think that was more the venue's fault than hers.

There wasn't a lot of planned crowd interaction, but a couple people in the front row seats had brought signs and flower headbands - which Florence wore for a couple songs before they fell off.

There was also one crazy part during the only slow song she has when fans took out lighters. It felt like a 60's hippie rock concert. And it was definitely a fire hazard. haha

That's all for now.

Love Always,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment