Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Birthday Shenanigany

I'm 22!

I normally don't make a bug deal out of my birthday, but I'm glad I did this year.

First, a bunch of us saw ParaNorman. The movie was amazing! If it's still in theaters, I highly recommend it. The storyline was fully developed and heartwarming. Some of the scenes were painfully honest about children dynamics on the "playground." But there were some really cute one-liners and the character growth of minor characters was nice to see. Oh, the movie also used a unique zombie trope that was a pleasant surprise.

Then after the movie we went to a local resturant known for their Helltini - an incredibly spicy drink that's made with Hellwater, Fire Whiskey and a secret, spicy drink. Anyone who drinks it gets a free t-shirt saying "I survived the Helltini." I've done the Helltini twice before, but it still burned when I had a sip from my friend EL.  My cousin SR said that eating tomatoes will dull the burn, and it did! So if you're ever eating fire-inducing food, maybe eat a tomato as well.

Pretty much right as we finished eating, it started to rain and lightening was cracking against the night sky. It was oddly a perfect way to end the evening.

My mom, sister and cousin AC stayed in town for half a week in order to celebrate/explore my city. We went to my favorite museum to see works by Ansel Adams. It was nice hanging out with my fam for a bit. Even if my sister's cat, who spend the week with my kitties, established dominance in my home.

Then later that week, I met up with AW, BL, and MX in Boston for a picnic in the commons. AW and BL surprised me with a birthday cake and while I was blowing out the candles, BL played a youtube video of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It was really sweet, especially considering how the day before the surprise cake, BL asked me my ideal lunch and I joking said I wanted JGL to serenade me. hehe, it was really sweet and definitely a memory I want to keep.

And while most people have New Year's as the start of their year, I feel like birthdays are better indicators of what's to come. And if this year's festivals are the leading points, I know this year is going to be amazing!

Now, I'm off to work!

Love Always,
Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment